Richard Childers <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 6 Jul 1992 08:19:13 PDT
"And  once again  you are  talking about  something you  know very  little
 about, something you have just heard  rumoured on a mailing list but have
 no direct  knowledge of.  Sorry, there  is no  unix version  of LISTSERV.
 There are  a number  of unix shells  to edit SMTP  alias files  and their
 authors  do insist  on calling  them listserv,  in spite  of their  total
 incompatibility and much more limited  functionality. Due to this kind of
 misinformation, an important executive stated  at a RARE meeting (RARE is
 a  european state-sponsored  networking organization)  that LISTSERV  had
 already been ported to unix and thus it is no longer an asset of networks
 like BITNET or EARN."

If you think it's a problem, I'd think you'd like to see it corrected.

"Wrong list. Try [log in to unmask]  This one is about maintaining
 LISTSERV lists, not about discussing burgeoning standards."

I'm not discussing burgeoning standards by referring to their existence.

-- richard

=====
-- richard childers		[log in to unmask]		1 415 506 2411
         oracle data center  --  unix systems & network administration

                   Klein flask for rent. Inquire within.