Peacenet Balkans Desk <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 3 Feb 1999 14:46:22 -0500
At 09:00 AM 2/3/99 -0800, Chris Anderson wrote:
>You know, I'm clueless about HTML and the web interface for LISTSERV.  I
>have to agree that the NIH page is truly nice.  Are the changes that they
>made to the LISTSERV files available for study anywhere?

Chris - One can see their changes by clicking on "Document Source" under
"View" (or whatever) in the browser.

IMO one of the best & reasonably priced introductions to HTML is Elizabeth
Castro's "HTML 4 for the World Wide Web" (Peachpit Press). With something
like this under one's belt, one sees immediately how to customize some
aspects of one's top archive page. My concern is that controlling the
background color of the top page only isn't enough - in fact, its
counterproductive. For example, one can easily provide a non-white
background of the top page; but that only confuses the subscribers when they
go to subpages which can't AFAIK can't be had in other than bone white.

I hope no one takes this as meaning I'm dumping on LISTERV. Overall, I think
it's a great package.  --  ed
----
Ed Agro, Peacenet Balkans Desk, Boston ([log in to unmask])