Michael McNeil <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 12 Apr 2000 22:49:39 -0400
I believe Sent=Editor is required to allow Moderator= and load share the
editing.  I understand that REVIEW and EDITOR are opposite to one another.
However, I cannot understand why I was receiving the two types of messages,
particularly in respect of some subscribers who had identical settings.

I have since set all subscribers to either one or the other setting,
treating them as being mutually exclusive, and postings to be reviewed are
now received by me with only the approval option.

When I had Send=Private with no Editors or Moderators set up, setting an
individual subscriber to REVIEW resulted in posts being directed to me for
approval / disapproval only..

From what I derive from the manual,

a)   REVIEW set on a subscription where Send=Private results in posts being
redirected for approval (which is what occurred); and

b)  REVIEW set on a subscription where Send=Editor resulting in posts being
redirected for editing, retaining the original sender's address.

I was instructed originally to construct the header as included in my
deselect those not needing moderation, which is what I did, and nothing has
worked consistently.

How can I ensure:

1.  the ability to edit, not simply approve/disapprove, posts for
subscribers set to REVIEW
2.  new subscribers automatically set to REVIEW (I presume the
Default-Options=REVIEW should simply remain)

Thanks,

Mic