Thu, 5 Sep 1996 20:09:22 -0500
> I do a quiet add and quiet delete in one message to the listserv. Craig

The quiet delete isn't needed, unless the address has changed.  If you
are just changing the "name" field all you need is:

quiet add userid@node firstname lastname

and LISTSERV "updates" it for you, sends you confirmation it has been
done, or an error if you messed up somewhere.  Just be sure you get the
userid@node exactly as it is given in the sub list or you will be adding
a new subscription rather than changing the name field.  Not trusting
myself, I often use a quick cut-'n-paste (and then of course forget the
name field so have to do it over).

Douglas
       Douglas Winship   Hays County, Texas  [log in to unmask]
                    Secondary AUTOCAT Listowner
                              MEDLAB-L