"M. LEBLANC" <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 31 Jan 1999 13:24:19 -0500
[log in to unmask] (ben parker) wrote:

>>2. Is there a way that I can keep the list moderated, but when
>>the subscribers post something, they don't get such message that
>>there message has been submitted to editors.
>
>I have never understood why List Owners think they can or should hide the fact
>of moderation from people posting to their list.  The means to do this are
>discussed in Chap 9 of the Owners Manual, and involve editing of the POST_EDITOR
>template.

it's not so much a matter of hiding it from subscribers as it is
an acknowledgement that nonsubscribers post to the unmoderated
usenet newsgroup being gated.

when doing a gatewayed list, those who aren't subscribed -- who post
to the usenet side of the gateway -- really, *seriously* don't like
receiving "your message has been submitted to ..." messages from
listserv.

just to be sure people on the list know that it's moderated,
that info is included in in my welcome message and in info
messages posted to the list now and then.

ok?

maureen
;-)