Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 3 Aug 1996 01:22:29 +0200
On Fri, 2 Aug 1996 21:44:05 GMT Aldo-Pier Solari <[log in to unmask]>
said:

>Mr. O'Donnell  & AOL et  al.: Sooner  or later you  will have to  do it.
>Perhaps,  you could  arrange  a  cooperation with  L-Soft  to  set up  a
>protocol     for    bounces/automatic     deletion     as    well     as
>automatic-bounce-tracking  (such  as  the  new  LISTSERV  feature  which
>monitors errors and auto-deletes the user after 5 error-days).

Aldo,

AOL runs one of the largest LISTSERV  sites in the world, with a total of
461,503 subscribers,  of which I  imagine many  are from AOL.  That's 270
times more subscribers  than FISH-ECOLOGY has. What makes  you think that
they aren't aware of  the problem or that they aren't  working on it? Did
AOL ever say that they weren't going to  work on this? If not, and if you
haven't  asked them,  how do  you know  they aren't?  You've been  flamed
because  you've  been shooting  first  and  asking questions  later,  not
because bounces aren't a problem.

  Eric