Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 22 Dec 2000 11:38:17 -0700
On Fri, 22 Dec 2000 14:02:00 AST4ADT, Russ Hunt <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>I have a subscriber who's receiving the standard error message saying
>she's not subscribed and so can't post, but the address which is
>being refused is, as far as I can see, exactly the same as the one
>under which she's subscribed.

Have her send you an email directly.  Look in the extended headers for a Sender:
field with a different address.  As documented, Sender: overrides From: and can
cause this error if the Sender: address is different.  Sender: is unusual in
personal email, but common in email re-sent by other agent programs (such as
LISTSERV).  Netscape on unix has a default configuration setting that generates
an invalid Sender: field.