"Peter M. Weiss +1 814 863 1843" <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 25 Feb 1995 09:12:00 EST
As far as I am aware, you would be in big trouble if you AFD to a LOG
file.  The log is updated as the postings arrive, and not at a later
(delayed) time.  AFD to a LOG would be effectively subscribing to the
list.

(Maybe a DIGEST distribution would accomplish what you want,
assuming concurrence with its definition and your requirements?)

BTW (and kids, don't try this at home without adult supervision),
FILELISTs per se can be AFD/FUI, but this too has limited usage: where
the filelist is NOT the holder of unmoderated archives, but is used
principally for file storage e.g., DOC at GUMNCC.  Thus when any file is
stored (new) or updated in the filelist, the filelist is sent (AFD) or
notification thereof (FUI).  Using an editor such as XEDIT, I simply
do an

             ALL 'yy/mm/dd'

which would be the current date (or minus one day) (if I had AFD to the
filelist).  For Listserv Lurkers Like Me (L3Me) this becomes my eyes-
and-ears of current or in-progress documentation.

--  co-owner INFOSYS, TQM-L, CPARK-L, ERAPPA-L, JANITORS, LDBASE-L, et -L
[log in to unmask]        "Hot MIPS sink CHIPS"           +1 814 863 1843
31 Shields Bldg. -- Penn State Univ -- University Park, PA 16802-1202 USA