Jim Gerland - User Support Services <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 6 Feb 1992 10:07:45 EST
On Wed, 5 Feb 1992 22:02:00 EST <GISMGR@UBVMS> said:
>The following two messages represent a first for my lists.  A
>person subscribed, and about two minutes later, the acknowledgement
>note was undeliverable!
>
>I guess if the problem does not clear in a day or so, I will
>QUIET DEL this user...

Unfortunately this is an all too common occurance.  You've been
lucky that it hasn't happened to you before.  I see about 3 of these
a day on the 50 lists or so housed here at UB.

Too many sites do not take the necessary steps to insure that mail
they send out is replyable to.  It is an unfortunate fact that on the
net, it is not always true that if mail can go from point a to point b
that it can also go from point b to point a.

Waiting a day or 2 won't help in most cases.

Jim...