Stan Horwitz <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 24 Jan 2001 08:53:41 -0500
I maintain the [log in to unmask] list. There's approximately
1300 people subscribed. The archives are set up so that a password is
required of anyone who wants to view them and only list subscribers can
get to the archives.

One particular subscriber is having no success is accessing the archived
postings. Every time he tries, with either Netscape or IE, he is prompted
for a password and the password he previously used is rejected. If he
requests a new password, it then works, but the problem repeats the next
time he wants to view the archives. I have made several suggestions on how
he might address this problem, but none work. I wonder if this is the
result of his being behind a firewall. Anyway, if anyone elese here on the
lstown-l list has any ideas on how to correct this problem, please let me
know. Thanks.