Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 20 Nov 2000 16:47:51 -0700
On Mon, 20 Nov 2000 13:54:16 EST, Dan Robinson Indexing Services
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>This question and answer came at just the right time. Our upper
>management is a bit unsure about how our 'audience' will deal with
>this new-fangled technology. <grin>.
>
>My followup question is... is there any size limitation on the text
>that we can add to the Confirmation message?
>
>I'm looking at about 6 pages (wordprocessing) of legaleze. (I know
>what everyone's thinking and I've expressed that up the line). Will
>this size message be a problem to Listserv? (never mind the effect
>on the subscribers).

I would run and hide under a rock if presented with that much legalese.

The right way to do this in joining a list is setup a questionnaire that
potential subscribers must respond to before joining.  This is described in the
online list template for Questionnaire.

See:  http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/scripts/wa.exe?A2=ind9702&L=lstown-l&P=R12582