Thu, 15 Sep 1994 19:03:01 -0500
What AOL had to say about our supposed forger.  We'll hope we don't
hear from him again, but he'll probably just look for another
service.  :-(
        Douglas Winship    Austin, Texas    [log in to unmask]
                    Secondary AUTOCAT Listowner

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 1994 12:01:48 -0400 (EDT)
From: David B. O'Donnell <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Cc: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Possible AOL Forger

In a previous message, Winship wrote:

>Some questions.  Can you give me any information on [log in to unmask] ,
>including does the person have any other AOL accounts?

I'm sorry, I can't release personal information about that account. It
is, however, active. I suspect that your list was hit as part of a
'spam' attack which originated from them. The USENET articles were
canceled some time ago and our Terms of Service staff issued a cease
and desist order.

>Next, is it the policy of America Online to allow this sort of activity?
>If so, we may have to consider whether we should continue to allow
>any subscriptions from AOL or not.  We have several AOL people on our
>list and would hate to cut them off, but we will if we have to do so.

Activity such as that of Sharpe1111 is contrary to our USENET and
Internet Acceptable Usage Policy and Terms of Service. If this
activity occurs again, please notify me immediately and I will see to
it that steps are taken to ensure it does not happen again.

--
__ David B. O'Donnell ([log in to unmask], [log in to unmask])
\/ America Online, Inc. Postmaster/Listmaster/Newsmaster