Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 11 Aug 1998 09:18:51 +0200
>Nathan, Eric.  You saw the pleas from her victims on this list couple
>of years ago, I wrote both of you about what was going on and you refused
>to do anything, though I backed it up with copies.  You refused to do
>anything.

That is not true. We have procedures for these kinds of problems, but they do
not necessarily involve discussions on public lists. We also want to receive
complaints directly from the victims, rather than from third parties. There is
also the problem that, generally speaking, it is unfortunately not unusual for
disgruntled list subscribers to make up all sorts of stories in the hope that we
will take action against the list, and I am sorry to say that this happens
much more often than list owners who force people to remain subscribed.
You just cannot assume that every complaint is genuine, even if you receive
multiple similar complaints (people do realize that a single complaint is
unlikely to be credible and you often get 2-3 bogus complaints). None of this
means that we did nothing. When is the last time that you received a
complaint by the way? :-)

  Eric