Fri, 20 Aug 2004 20:12:22 -0500
Paul Russell wrote:
> I agree that passwords should not appear in the log files, however, they
> also appear in plain-text in the signup.* files

Is this available to listowners?  If so, how?

> in the listserv/home
> directory, and on most systems, neither the log files nor the signup.*
> files should be accessible by general users.

What do you mean by "general users."  Listowners?  Anyone of the general
public who cares to look?  Any employees of the host site with access which
they ought not have, and wouldn't, had someone given the matter of employee
access a little more thought?

Douglas Winship  [log in to unmask]