"J. Lyle" <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 28 Mar 1999 09:31:51 -0500
On Sun, 28 Mar 1999, Tony Brown wrote:

> I am receiving this very same error message - citing the very same e-mail
> address - [log in to unmask] - regarding my list.
>
> All of my subscriptions are "by owner" and I retain copies of all of the
> additions/deletions.  This individual was never a part of my list.

Liszt is not an individual--it is a Web service that provides a directory
of available mailing lists. The URL for the site is www.liszt.com. It
sends a "list" command to hundreds of different Listserv, Listproc, and
Majordomo servers every day, then uses the information to add to its
directory. (It ignores lists that are labeled private or that don't
include descriptions.) So my guess is that these error messages are
somehow related to that process. It's just a guess, though!