Melvin Klassen <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 10 Aug 1995 14:00:00 PDT
On Wed, 9 Aug 1995 10:51, Stevan Harnad <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>The message below is not only a flagrant spam, but it is a manual for
>spamming. Can we collectively do something to nip this in the bud?
>I received it from the listserv psyc list which I own.

Individually, you can add:

       Send=   EDITOR
and
       Editor= HARNAD@PUCC,(PSYC)

to the definition of the 'PSYC@PUCC' list.

(I notice that you already have 'Send=EDITOR', so I assume that his
message was *not* delivered to the subscribers of your list. Right?)

After you make these changes, postings from non-subscribers will be redirected
to you, while postings from subscribers will immediately be posted.

>I hope some collective action that actually works will be possible.

Of course, lawyers are always available ...
++++