"Ingrid H. Shafer" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 24 Jan 1997 11:28:09 -0600
I have never experienced a problem with  not leaving the subject
category empty.  In fact, I send most of my commands by simply
replying to LISTSERV(R) :-) error messages, subject and all. This
has never so far caused a problem, and I do it at least a dozen times
a day. That's some six thousand instances since I started list-owning.

Please, don't refer to your list as "a listserv"! You run/own/manage
a list. LISTSERV(R) is the program that makes the list possible; Lists
can be generated by other mail distribution programs, such as Majordomo
or ListProc.

Cheers, Ingrid Shafer
[log in to unmask] & [log in to unmask]