"Ingrid H. Shafer" <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 4 Mar 1996 09:50:26 -0600
I am doing a great deal of converting of ascii text of all sorts to
html format.  Since this is a bare-bones type of operation I simply
load the material into my word-processor (WP 5.1 for DOS), clean it
up, locate paragraph breaks, replace paragraph breaks with a <p>
at the beginning of each paragraph, attach a standard <head>...<//head>,
very first one, <html>), followed by the text. At the end of the
file is another standard set of commands to toggle body and html
off </body>, </html>, and that's it.  Takes about two minutes
to convert a piece of practically any length.  All of this can be
done with macros.  Just don't put in extra /'s as I did in the
//head above.  I can't correct in this mail utility.

I am sure there are fancy conversion programs out there, but this works
well for me.

Ingrid Shafer ([log in to unmask] and [log in to unmask])
http://astro.temple.edu/~arcc