Tue, 29 Aug 2000 15:59:38 +0200
On 28 Aug 2000, at 8:34, Pete Weiss wrote:

> You neglected to show us the list header TOPICS or a
>
> Q ME-PL FOR userid@node

Sorry, I didn't realize that it was important to the question. I
don't know if another part could be important as well, so I'll past
in the listheader below:

 Validate=            yes,confirm
 Review=              owners
 Subscription=        open,confirm
 Confirm-Delay=       72
 Send=                Editor,Hold
 X-tags=            Yes
 Notify=            [log in to unmask]
 Stats=             Normal,Owners
 Ack=               Yes
 Reply-to=            list,ignore
 Sizelim=            1500
 Daily-Threshold=     350
 Auto-Delete=         Yes,Semi-Auto,Delay(4),Max(100)
 Digest=            Yes,same,Daily,06:00,size(1500)
 notebook=            Yes,d:\lsv-archives\ME-Platform,weekly,public
 Errors-to=           Owners
 Default-Options=     Repro,DIGests,NOACK,NOMIME
 Renewal=           Yes,15-Daily,Probe
 Default-Topics=  ALL
 Topics=              Artikel,Babbel,Admin,Info
 Subject-Tag= ME-PL
 Attachments=         No,Filter
 Language=          NOHTML
 Files=             No
 LoopCheck= NoSpam

 Filter= Also,*postmas*@*,*maiser*@*,emailman@*,*daemon*@*,
 Filter= *mailer*@*,root@*,majordomo@*

 Editor= [log in to unmask]
 Editor= (ME-PLATFORM)

The default REPRO is set because most members switched to that
option after switching to NODIGEST. The probe is used as rotating
FAQ.

> Also, could CC: or BCC: be in effect during the REPLY[-ALL] ?

There was no CC visible in the headers (the "x-tags=yes" would have
showed them if I understood correctly) in those postings and after
asking those members they didn't use a BCC as well.

The first member simply started a clean new message for the BABBEL:
topic with that subjectline as described earlier and the other
member only pushed the reply button as she always does and both
ended up in the OTHER topic as described in my original question.

Having the list set to ignore other reply-to fields especially for
the newbie members a "reply to all" or "reply" would both result in
the message going to the list if I understood the Outlook behavior
correctly?
I never used Outlook myself so I couldn't check that but maybe I
didn't understood your question regarding the
"REPLY[-ALL]" part above correctly?

TIA,
Joop Reijenga.