Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 25 Apr 1992 18:32:19 +0200
On Fri, 24  Apr 1992 20:08:19 CDT  Natalie Maynor <[log in to unmask]>
said:

>This is  no doubt true  in some cases but  definitely not in  all cases.
>I've had double  subscriptions to various lists to test  the two systems
>on many  occasions. For me,  listserv mail  via internet is  much faster
>than via bitnet  99.99% of the time.  By much faster, I mean  that it is
>almost always  minutes faster, often  hours faster, and many  times DAYS
>faster.

And I thought I  was the most stubborn person on this  list. How long are
you going  to blame BITNET for  (1) the fact  that a 9.6k line  is slower
than a 56k line  (or whatever it is you are using) and  (2) the fact that
your connection to BITNET is through inferior software that emulates only
the most basic subset of the protocol?

  Eric