Mon, 16 Jan 1995 19:45:23 -0600
On Mon, 16 Jan 1995, Roy Bowers [PG] wrote:

> I know I can get my header without locking the list, but can I get my
> filelist with a (ctl nolock option?

Yes.
>                                      When listserv says my filelist is
> locked, can the files still be accessed while I'm updating the filelist?

No, nor can other listowner's get the filelist.  That is what being locked
means, as I understand it.  It will be unlocked when you send the filelist
back in or if you separately unlock it.  I always use nolock when I get
the filelist as I'm the only person who messes with it, so I don't have
to worry about undoing what someone else has done.

        Douglas Winship   Hays Cty., Texas  [log in to unmask]
                    Secondary AUTOCAT Listowner
                              MEDLAB-L