Sun, 14 Mar 1999 14:00:02 -0800
On Sun, Mar 14, 1999 at 12:05:29PM -0700, Dan Lester wrote:
> owner).  Note that I'm not suggesting that the copyright owner will object,
> file suit, or anything else.  But I also firmly believe in teaching, and
> doing our best, to do what is right and legal.

Right and legal are not equivalent. Check
www.eldred.ne.mediaone.net/pr-1999-01-12.txt
for an example of how powerful corporate copyright holders (not the
original authors) have legally stolen the public's constitutionally
protected interest in having copyright expire after a period of years.

Sorry for the off-topic post. I'll quit now.

-rex
--
Linux 2.2.1