Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 24 Jul 2000 08:25:01 -0400
At 06:33 07/24/2000 Monday, william wrote:
>We are getting this in our error monitoring report.  Anyone have a clue
>what the ISP is doing ?
>
>Err First Last  Address
>                Last error: Mailer mail.PASSPORT.CA said: "550
>                            <[log in to unmask]>... Cannot mail directly
>to files"

Try sending the XXXX@ a direct email message and see if anything bounces.  Also, if you have access to your mail config. e.g., Eudora, you can "direct" your mail gateway to one of each of the MX hosts:

Query:Mail Exchange (MX):PASSPORT.CA
PASSPORT.CA     MX      20      smtp.PASSPORT.CA
PASSPORT.CA     MX      10      mail.PASSPORT.CA

which is sometimes useful in trying to pin-down the errant delivery mechanism (MTA).

/Pete Weiss @ Penn State