Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 18 Jun 1997 14:17:29 -0400
I believe that running a list is more art than science.  Sometimes comments
by experienced list-owners/administrators will be made in response to a
technical question that will make it moot, or draw out the inquirier into
deeper dialogue which will reveal more important issues.  For your own
peace of mind, please take all comments with a grain of salt, but yet
consider the source, and thus the experience, of the responder.

(Thanks Ben for your most valuable contributions, even if they seem
judgmental.)

/Pete Weiss

|_______________
|Ben wrote:
|Seems ludicrous to me.  either you admit someone to equal status with
|other
|subscribers or you don't.  If they misbehave, well then you take
|steps...
|I can't imagine why anyone would be willing to post more than
|perfunctory
|msgs to such a list, and they could just as easily be sent to a
|moderator.

|"You can't join our club, but we'll let you post msgs on our front
|door."

|--