Sherry Beauchamp <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 4 Mar 1997 09:39:44 -0800
I'm still having problems getting Auto-Delete to work for me.  Here's where
I'm at right now:

Originally I had my keyword set as

*  Auto-Delete= Yes,Full-Auto,Delay(0),Max(1)

but was not receiving the daily monitoring reports.  Several of you advised
me that with Delay(0) there would be no monitoring, and therefore no
reports, so I changed it to

*  Auto-Delete= Yes,Full-Auto,Delay(1),Max(1)

and began receiving reports (Yeah!).  However, my first report said

  1 02/26 02/26 Leslie Bernstein <[log in to unmask]>
                Last error: Mailer CSU-E.CSUOHIO.EDU said: "550
                            <[log in to unmask]>... User unknown"

Subscribers will be automatically deleted from the list when delivery errors
have been reported for  a period of 1 day or more, or  when 1 delivery error
have been  received, whichever occurs  first. Monitoring will cease  after 2
days without any reported error.

I didn't receive any reports on subsequent days (this list posts
infrequently), and assumed that this subscriber had been deleted.  However,
today I queried the list and found

> q cyberspace-law for [log in to unmask]
Subscription options for Leslie Bernstein <[log in to unmask]>, list
CYBERSPACE-LAW:

MAIL           You are sent individual postings as they are received
SHORTHDR       Short mail headers with only "human friendly" fields
               (formerly "SHORTBSMTP")
REPRO          You receive a copy of your own postings
ACK            Short e-mail acknowledgement of successfully processed
               postings

Subscription date: 26 Feb 1997

Does this mean that the subscription was not deleted, or that the
subscription was deleted and the subscriber notified, and that they then
resubscribed?  I'm leaning toward the latter, but I just need to be clear
on this ...

Sherry

   Sherry Beauchamp         Social Science Research Network (SSRN)
   [log in to unmask]                   http://www.SSRN.Com

   Leading Social Science Research Delivered to Your Desktop Daily