Topic: [<< First] [< Prev] [Next >] [Last >>]

Print Reply
Paul Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 23 Sep 2011 17:26:17 -0400
text/plain (35 lines)
On 9/23/2011 14:59, Richie Williams wrote:
> Hello All!
> 
> I am having issues with owners including attachments on several of our email lists. Below is a copy of our config… Any help would be very much appreciated…
>

The list configuration contains the statement 'Attachments= All'. This is not the same as 
'Attachments= Yes'.

If you do not want to allow attachments, change 'Attachments= All' to 'Attachments= No'.

If you really want to allow *ALL* types of attachments, including some of the funky files 
generated by Outlook, you need to change 'Attachments= All' to 'Attachments= Yes', and add 
'KEEP_EXCHANGE_DATA' to the Misc-Options statement.

Most email clients consistently use the BASE64 encoding scheme for any type of binary 
file, i.e., any file format that is not treated as plain ASCII text. Outlook is not 
consistent in the manner in which it generates attachments. I have seen Outlook use 
different encoding schemes for different PDF files attached to the same message. I have 
seen Outlook use different encoding schemes for the same file attached to different 
messages. I have seen Outlook "bundle" attachments in a winmail.dat file. The variations 
may not be endless, but they are numerous.

-- 
Paul Russell, Senior Systems Administrator
OIT Messaging Services Team
University of Notre Dame

############################

To unsubscribe from the LSTOWN-L list:
write to: mailto:[log in to unmask]
or click the following link:
http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/scripts/wa.exe?SUBED1=LSTOWN-L&A=1

ATOM RSS1 RSS2