"David B. O'Donnell - AOL" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 2 Oct 1996 10:23:27 -0400
In a message dated 96-10-02 01:38:22 EDT, [log in to unmask] (S R E) writes:

> I've traded email with such people - there is an option somewhere in
>  their setup menus that turns off these attachments. I believe they
>  contain formatting information so a Microsoft Mail receiver can see
>  fonts and other nifty stuff. (Compare this to AOL, which allows you
>  to format color and everything, but quietly throws it away when you
>  push "send" - equally useful, but MicroStiff bothers the rest of us.)

Actually, AOL only "throws away" the HTML code when sending to the Internet,
because too few mail readers out there know how to deal with HTML. Once the
balance tips, we'll stop automatically stripping the code.

--David O'Donnell
  AOL iDOT