Karl Signell <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 14 Jun 1994 16:19:44 EDT
On Tue, 14 Jun 1994 12:34:22 -0500 Dan Flasar said:
>    What is the best commercial service to use for folks who want to partic-
>ipate in bitnet discussion lists?
>    I had heard from some that America On-line was cheap, but the people I
>know who use it, fairly computer literate, find it a horror to use.  One of
>them was simply unable to continue her participation in my list.

AOL is probably the easiest to use of the online services, but all of them
are too expensive just for email.  And Internet email is not even their
main purpose.

The Internet providers like Delphi are also kind of expensive just for
email, since they also provide full Internet shell service.  But your
folks may find out that that is what they need after all: gopher,
WWW, telnet, etc.  If they're in the greater Washington DC area, tell
them to check into the non-profit CPCUG.ORG sponsored by the Capital
PC User Group.  Contact Bob Mills,  [log in to unmask] .  There are many
such access points, and some of your members may be able to point them out.