"Peter M. Weiss +1 814 863 1843" <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 2 Jun 1996 08:14:00 EDT
>        Someone told me that I could send a 'stats <yourlist>' to the server  d
>an
>get statistics of the postings of individual users.

>        When I tried to do this, I got a message back saying that it wasn't
>'ported' to my listerver as yet.

>        Does this mean the version of 'listserv' on the 'home.ease.lsoft.com'
>server is not the most current?  If not, what does it mean?

I believe it means that when the L-Soft, Inc., and its principal
developer ported LISTSERV (tm) from VM/CMS to other platforms,
that they first programmed the essential features of a mailing
list manager: subscribe, unsubscribe, set, distribute, get,
and "worried" about the more advanced or seldmon used features
later.  (How doe Microsoft do it? <rhethorical>)

/Pete Weiss at Penn State