Francoise Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 2 May 2007 10:31:31 -0400
On 2 May 2007 at 9:37, Ryan Bladzik wrote:

> I am trying to set up a list with the following characteristics to reduce SPAM
> submissions.

You might also look at the Send=...,Confirm,Non-Member settings. It might be
all you need.

> The "workflow" of this process would be a staff member uses the web-form to
> send to the listserv (originating from [log in to unmask], an unmonitored system
> mailbox [thereby eliminating sender confirmation]). That message is sent to
> our editor ([log in to unmask]) for approval before sending.

You may want to look into LISTSERV Maestro. That sort of workflow is exactly
what Maestro was built around, and if you use a Maestro-only list (HRL), then
that also solves the problem of spam submissions.

> According to the documentation, this seems to be a combination of
> Send=Editor,Hold
>
> Can anyone provide the best way to set this configuration up?

I haven't tried this to check, but what I would try is

Default-Options=REVIEW

Subscribe [log in to unmask] and set it to REVIEW.

What I'm not sure of is whether the Send= will trump the REVIEW setting.

--
Francoise Becker

There is only one LISTSERV(R) -- the product that launched the
email list communication industry in 1986. To discover the
story behind LISTSERV, visit:
http://www.lsoft.com/corporate/20anniversary.asp