Eric Paul-Hus <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 15 Jan 1997 02:41:12 -0800
> Does anyone have any idea why this person has not been able to post to my
> list for over a week?  She gets no ack of her posts and I get no error
> messages so my guess is they are not reaching listserv. She does get mail
> from the list and I receive her private posts.  Her posts are not
> returned to her. one was sent over  a week ago. Should I just presume
> they are somewhere in cyberspace and will turn up eventually?

> Janis

What happens if she puta both you address and the list's in the TO:
field ? Do you receive and not the list and receive only when your the
sole destinee ?

Did she tried to send
QUERY LISTNAME
to check out her options ? SERVE OUT, NOPOST, REVIEW ?

If you list is private maybe her address changed ? It can happen if mail
from her old account is automatically forwarded (such like GNN was taken
over by AOL) ...

Also have her contact her local mail support. As some "gurus" said here
mail is not symetric... Ability to receive does not imply ability to
send ...

What mailer does she use ? I had this problem often with conversion to
MS-MAIL because of the fuc.. friggin' "> " quotation. But then you would
have seen the mail loop reject ...

Can she be caught by a filter because of the anonymous "member@" user
name ?

One other track to check is News ... Is your list gatewayed to Usenet
and, if so, does she use a Newsreader for posting ?

Aside News, if a post is not on the list, it did not reached the
LISTSERV. If it finally reaches LISTSERV it will be posted.

Now New Zealand is a long way is your list is in the continental US...
Is there some LISTSERV guru who can tell us if only DISTribution is done
by the backbone or if even incoming mail goes through LISTSERV peers ?

--
Eric Paul-Hus , BLUES-L