Scott Fendley <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 25 Jan 2006 13:00:01 -0600
Greetings everyone,

I have a user that stumbled across this techtip about one-click
unsubscribes recently.
http://www.lsoft.com/news/techtipLSV-issue4-2005-us.asp

We have made the change to our listserv machine to allow embedded
mail merge as noted in step 1.  The list owner has set the Mail-Merge=Yes

<--snip of the header configuration -->
Review= Owner
Subscription= By Owner
Send= Editor,Hold
Notify= Yes
Reply-to= Sender,Ignore
Files= No
Mail-via= Distribute
Mail-merge= Yes
Validate= No
Confidential= Yes

And the list owner set the bottom banner as such (LISTNAME is a place
holder of the real listname).

*******
http://community.emailogy.com/scripts/wa-community.exe?SUBED1=LSTOWN-L
*******

So here is my problem,  you send a test message and you get a URL like:

http://listserv.uark.edu/scripts/wa.exe?TICKET=NzMyMzUyIGNyeW9jcnlwdEBZQUhPTy5DT00gQURNSVNTSU9OIISlRDrRcku/&c=SIGNOFF

However when you click on the link you end up seeing a CGI error of

"Error - invalid parameter

An invalid parameter was passed to the CGI function. Please report
this error to the webmaster and make sure to specify the full URL
that led to this message. "

If you pull that / out of the TICKET part of the URL, you end up
actually getting a URL that wa.exe processes and gives back a message
saying the authorization ticket is invalid, but at least we get the
expected listserv banner.

I keep thinking there is a problem in the configuration of the list ,
but I can't see one.  However I am not seeing an error message in the
web server logs that convinces me that it is having the
issue.  Anyone else been experimenting with EMM under listserv that
has ideas of where else to check on the list side?

Scott