Paul Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 21 Dec 2004 10:07:08 -0500
On 12/20/2004 8:29 PM, Barbara Passmore wrote:
> To answer the question Charles Oriez asks about where I got looping in my
> head, it was from the last paragraph of the page which comes up from the AOL
> URL given in my first message:
>
> "Please have your ISP or server administrator contact AOL for assistance.
> The mail administrator should request a feedback loop that will alert them
> to reported spam from their network. You can access the Feedback Loop
> request form here."

The phrase "feedback loop" does not refer to a mail looping problem. It
refers to AOL's mechanism for forwarding AOL user spam reports to email
administrators. For additional information, go to the AOL postmaster web
site <http://postmaster.aol.com/> and choose 'Feedback Loop' on the main
menu.

The AOL Feedback Loop is a tool for postmasters, not list owners. Only the
administrator of a mail or list server can register to receive AOL spam
reports about messages sent from that server.

--
Paul Russell
Senior Systems Administrator