Mon, 30 Mar 1998 09:22:47 +0000
> People using a shared computer should NEVER ask to set a cookie for
> viewing lists. It completely defeats the security.

Well the problem it is is.. it's done and may have been done some
time ago.  I know I apparently have a magic cookie set on my computer
with one address and it won't allow me to access archives of lists
I'm on under a different address.. and I can't see anyway to change
that for me.. or for the people using the shared computers.

> The cookies BTW are not set for a particular list, but for the whole
> server.

That's a big part of the problem. Subscribers are now locked out of
lists on servers because susbscribers to others lists on that server
set passwords :((

The question is still.. is there anyway to get around this?

 ........Cleo  [log in to unmask]