Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 20 Jun 1997 04:16:33 GMT
On Thu, 19 Jun 1997 19:54:57 +0000, Duane Campbell <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>But it seems that sometimes ... they received an
>auto-generated notice that their message has been sent to the listowner for
>approval. Is there a way to prevent this notification from going out?

This is controlled by the POST_EDITOR message template in DEFAULT.MAILTPL
You can change this or eliminate it entirely by putting .QQ on the first
line after the template name.  See chapter 9 of Owners manual.

>Second, I tried once to submit a monitored message after editing out
>personal invective (using Eudora Light). My copy showed the selected
>material deleted, but when published to the list it was still there. How
>can I edit a reviewed message?

Unless your list is announced to be moderated, I feel it is always better
to return a questionable post to the author and ask them to correct it.
Thus approval becomes just that, ok or not as is.

You may have made an editing mistake, or you may be set for the OK confirm
only, in which case LISTSERV will not accept an edited revision of the msg.
Who was the msg From: when it appeared on your list.  If from you then you
edited it correctly.  If from the original author, then you used Eudora
incorrectly.  Eudora's 'redirect' command is not the same as the 'resent'
editor described in the LISTSERV Owner's Manual.  There is no Windows
editor pgm that will do this, only a couple of unix editor pgms.
 Ben Parker ............ (Oak Park IL) .......... [log in to unmask]