Fri, 3 Feb 2006 20:44:46 -0600
Karen R wrote:
> My list was recently upgraded from Listserv® 1.8d to 14.4 -- which is
> wonderful. Several listowners have set ourselves to review to prevent
> <cough> sending commands to our lists. But now our posts are going
> straight through. Is this part of the removal of the kludge? Listowner
> now trumps review?

I don't know about "listowner", but if there is any designation that
the person is an editor/moderator, then yes, that trumps the review
setting (at times inconvenient).

As to commands, I thought there was a filter for that, introduced years
ago, which rejected items sent to lists which looked like LISTSERV
commands.  That shouldn't have anything to do with editor/review
precedence, I would think.  Or, does it?

> Is there a way for a listowner to be on review without
> making everyone on the list have to confirm their own posts?

Not sure, but then a listowner is not automatically an editor/moderator,
just as an editor/moderator is not necessaraily a listowner.
One needs to discriminate, I think.

Douglas Winship  [log in to unmask]