Lee Silverman <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 2 Aug 1995 15:02:59 -0400
At 2:15 PM 8/2/95, Kevin D. Brunson wrote:
>I asked  this question in  February and, relying on  my memory since  I can't
>find the message, I believe that it was Eric who said that the CONCEAL option
>cannot be  disabled because it  is an international  legal issue. I  told the
>listowner how  to investigate  concealed users  and she  had to  reassure her
>members that she would monitor the list for such subscribers.

        Really?  I'd like to hear more about this... my impression was that
laws about email were very muddled and that it's really hard to say what's
legal and what isn't.  Maybe that's just the US... :-)

        In any case, I believe Listproc allows a list admin to disable
their equivilant of CONCEAL.  I don't think MajorDomo even *has* a conceal
option.  And certainly if I set up a small mailing list using a mail alias,
that wouldn't have a conceal option.  Why does this law only apply to
listserv?

Lee Silverman     [log in to unmask]      http://www.netspace.org/users/lee/
         Live each day as if your life had just begun.  --  Goethe