Paul Karagianis <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 23 Aug 2001 14:03:42 -0400
On 23 Aug 2001, at 11:46, Ben Parker wrote:

>If everyone is at a company or organization
>(where everyone has the same domain email address and/or is on the same local
>network) it is possible to limit access to only come from that realm of email
>addresses and/or IP addresses so that (non-password) access is limited to the
>desired group and any access from outside that group is prevented.

I couldn't find exactly what I think the above means in the manual, but I'm
wondering if the list is "public", "confidential" and has a "service" area
defined appropriately, does that mean the WWW interface can be used
without a password?  Just since we're on the subject, SJU has a modem bank
that doesn't support reverse lookup, but they are all 149.68.88.*.  Can
I put the wildcard IP (or even wildcard the 88 so I could get the whole
domain) in the service area definition and the WWW will be smart enough
to allow access to just these inbound requests without a password?

                                            -Kary