Phil Roettcher <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 6 Apr 2000 10:18:22 -0400
Thanks John,

I'll try your advice.  Actually with the .jpeg images, I can't imagine they
being >100k each.  The sample we tried was 40k.

Approximately how much does commercial hosting of this type cost, per month
per year....  Never done this before outside of a university.  What would a
going rate be?

Thanks,
Phil

> We are considering moving out email list service to another university.
> What I'm looking for is a member of this group to give me a lead to
> preferrably a large university with medical school that offers LISTSERV
(or
> maybe some other emailer) that will allow the use of attachments to flow
> through their servers.  More than likely, one of our subscribers is a
> faculty member there but have no idea who or what to ask.

You can use the CataList service at: http://www.lsoft.com/catalist.html
You will want to search a "Site" rather than "List".  An example would be
searching for EDU  which would be part of a university address.
http://www.lsoft.com/scripts/wl.exe?qS=EDU&F=H

Not a lot of help but a start. I can tell you it may be difficult to find
a free host for your list since you plan on sending large files rather
than just messages.

--
John Lyon
L-Soft international, Inc.