LYDIA FISH <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 30 Jun 1995 09:23:59 -0500
>I've started a folder to document things. They're telling me in email
>that a *competitor* will start a new list.

Dear Maureen

There is your answer!!  Let him start a new list and take his nasty little
friends with him!

I have had two major sources of dissension on vwar-l over the past four years.
In both cases I *encouraged* them (in one case I even made the initial
suggestion) to start their own lists.  They did so and all has been peaceful
(touch wood!) on vwar-l ever since.

Or perhaps some responsible person from your list would be willing to start a
related newsgroup, rather than gatewaying your list.  Two members of vwar-l who
were fed up with the sandbox aspects of alt.war.vietnam have been doing a
superb job as moderators of soc.history.war.vietnam.

Good luck--and don't let it get to you!

Lydia Fish
Listowner [log in to unmask]