Carolyn Schaffner <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 20 Nov 1998 20:56:12 +0100
Dan Lester said --

But if you're not
pressed for disk space, why bother?  With the price of disk dropping
daily,

**
Well, we ran out of disk space yesterday and the list was held. There
is not a whole lot of traffic, something like 20 messages on a good day
(I estimate) and we're only about 4 months old. How much should I
"buy"?

I know one of my options is to edit the archives, which sounds like I
need a free week and a half and more patience than Job (but I have a
JOB!) and/or to purchase more disk space, which doesn't seem to solve
the problem. AND I like your suggestions of a FAQ, and yes, some of the
material IS worth keeping.

Everyone here knows the problem of trying to get listmembers to stop
quoting whole messages and all that etc, to conserve disk space, and
these guys just WON'T DO THAT! So, I'm looking for a free lunch, (more
options) I guess.

Thanks for your cheerful "thoughts" !!

Carolyn Schaffner in Buffalo, NY