Adam Bailey <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 5 Dec 1997 14:15:06 -0500
On 12/5/97 2:36 PM, Alperin, Glenn <[log in to unmask]> wrote...

>When this new subscriber posted an introduction message, only the first
>name came through in the the header information from the given message.  I
>have not changed anything about the way that I have subscribed this person
>from all previous people to join my list.

LISTSERV uses the name field from the person's email program if it's set.
The LISTSERV only goes to the name they're actually subscribed with if
their email doesn't contain an explicit name field. If you want their
full name to be present on their messages, you need to tell them to
modify their email program to contain their full name, or to remove it
altogether.

--
Adam Bailey      | Chicago, Illinois
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-| "Do not take life too seriously;