Vince Sabio <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 5 Aug 1998 22:37:22 -0400
Following is an excerpt from a post to the list-managers mailing list at
GreatCircle.com ...

--- begin forwarded text

From: [log in to unmask] (Richard Masoner)
Subject: Re: Fastest List?
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 1998 09:01:36 -0500 (CDT)

<snip>

I've used Listproc, majordomo, and procmail; I'm not all that familiar
with Listserv other than being on some lists served by Listserv.
You'll want to read the FAQ for details, but from what I understand all
Listserv servers cooperate with one another and list mail is
distributed to other listserv servers for further distribution (if my
explanation is messed up somebody please correct me).

<snip>

--- end forwarded text

Is this true? I've been using LISTSERV for about 18 months, and was not
aware of this. Could someone elaborate on this if it is true? Do ALL
LISTSERV servers cooperate in this manner, or is it an option that the
site manager can set? How does LISTSERV know when do load balancing, and
the "best" servers to which it should distribute the load?

Interesting stuff ...

Sign me:
Curious in D.C.

Okay, sign me: