Randy Klumph <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 29 Nov 2000 10:10:26 PST
(Reply from Randy Klumph) On 29 Nov 2000, Paul Russell wrote:

> [not] every subscriber on the list is using email software which is capable
> of handling fancy fonts, cutesy colors, and gaudy graphics.

My lists deal with people who are deaf-blind. They constantly
struggle with people who "engineer them out" by ignoring their
technology needs. Screen readers and braille output devices are
better now at handling html than in the past, but ascii still reigns
supreme. Colors, graphics and fancy fonts make the message more
difficult to receive.  Companies or government agencies that send
email that is unreadable to a certain segment of the population may
be in violation of The American Disabilites Act (ADA).

Regards,
Randy Klumph
Teaching Research
345 N monmouth Ave