"Stephens, Larry V" <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 4 Jan 1998 11:35:52 -0500
At the risk of being repetitious, I repeat my call for a CHANGE command.

Rationale:

A favorite pasttime of ISPs is changing their domain names (okay, maybe
they have a rational reason, but it sure happens a lot). I keep my lists
private and require confirm on all subscriptions.

So people now going through the (for example) @mail.llion --> @llion
change must resub (plus reset any non-default settings) after I have to
answer their mail and tell them this, plus sending in a delete of their
old address.

It seems to me that we would save a lot of time and typing if I could
instead use

CHANGE * old_address TO new_address pw=...

thereby making the change and preserving all their old settings.