dienes bruce p a <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 13 Jan 1996 19:16:41 -0600
LSTOWN-L'ers,

I hope someone can help me out with this one...

I operate two Quaker listservs at UIUC, both just moved to a new UNIX
platform, running v.1.8b.  On one of them, Quaker-P, the digest functions
without a glitch.  On Quaker-L, it is completely erratic, storing up
messages for weeks at a time, and then dumping one huge digest.  I
subscribed under digests from a second account, to see what would happen,
and I received an "unfinished" digest, started on Jan 3rd.  The digest is
set to "Daily"!  From what I can see, the headers for the notebooks and
digests are IDENTICAL for the two lists.  Why does one work, and the
other not?  I have appended the two sets of list headers.  The
fundamental difference between the two lists is that one is moderated (-L),
and one is not (-P), but that didn't cause any strife on the VM version...

Headers appended after the .sig.

--
Bruce P. A. Dienes                          Campus Support Groups Program
Internet: [log in to unmask]                 [log in to unmask]

   Quaker-L headers: (Note: Quaker-M is just a list of moderators.)

PUT QUAKER-L LIST PW=XXXXXXXX
*
* Quaker concerns re community, spirituality, etc.
*
* For much more information, use GET QUAKER-L WELCOME
*
* Review=       Private
* Subscription= Open,Confirm
* Send=         Editor
* Editor=       [log in to unmask],(QUAKER-M)
* Notify=       (QUAKER-M)
* Reply-To=     SENDER, RESPECT
* Files=        No
* Validate=     All,Confirm
* Confidential= No
* X-TAGS=       NO
* Stats=        Normal
* Ack=          No
* Sizelim=      250
* Notebook=     Yes,/var/spool/notebooks/quaker-l,Weekly,Public
* RENEWAL=      Yearly,Delay(30)
* Digest=       Yes,/var/spool/digests,Daily,04,1000
* Topics=       Canada,Admin,Business,Worship,Announce,Policy
* Default-Topics=All,-Canada,-Policy
* Default-Options= Repro,Conceal,Shorthdr
* Local=        *UIUC*,UICSRD*,*UIC*,*.UIUC.EDU,*NCSA.*,UIUCVMD
* SERVICE =     *
* Errors-to=    (QUAKER-M)
* OWNER=        [log in to unmask]                Bruce Dienes
* OWNER=        [log in to unmask]                        Sylvie McGee
* OWNER=        [log in to unmask]                   Ellen Cooney
* OWNER=        [log in to unmask]               Susan Long
* OWNER=        [log in to unmask]             Ellen Cooney
* OWNER=        quiet:
* OWNER=        [log in to unmask]                    Susan Long
* OWNER=        [log in to unmask]                 Sylvie McGee
* OWNER=        [log in to unmask]
* OWNER=        ljones@bingvmb                           Lary Jones
* OWNER=        [log in to unmask]
*
* Filter= Also,netad@*,*@anon*,anon*@*,*maiser*@*,*postm*@*,emailadmin@*
* Filter= *@ax.com,*@*.roularta.be,*@*.sell.com,nobody*@*,wemhoff@gate*
* Filter= mail@*,[log in to unmask],*@iaf.net,[log in to unmask]
*

   Quaker-P headers:

PUT QUAKER-P LIST PW=XXXXXXXX
*
* Quaker peace and social justice issues
*
* For much more information, use GET QUAKER-P WELCOME QUAKER-P
*
* Review=       Private
* Subscription= Open,Confirm
* Send=         Private
* Notify=       (QUAKER-M)
* Reply-To=     SENDER, RESPECT
* Files=        No
* Validate=     All,Confirm
* Confidential= No
* X-TAGS=       Yes
* Stats=        Normal
* Ack=          No
* Notebook=     Yes,/var/spool/notebooks/quaker-p,Weekly,Public
* Digest=       Yes,/var/spool/digests,Daily,04,1000
* RENEWAL=      Yearly,Delay(30)
* Topics=       Canada,Admin,FCNL,QUNO,CFSC,Business,Enviro,CPT,AFSC,PEACE,ECONOMY
* Default-Topics=All,-Canada
* Default-Options= Repro,Shorthdr,Conceal
* Local=        *UIUC*,UICSRD*,*UIC*,*.UIUC.EDU,*NCSA.*,UIUCVMD
* SERVICE =     *
* Errors-to =   (QUAKER-M)
* OWNER=        [log in to unmask]                        Sylvie McGee
* OWNER=        [log in to unmask]                Bruce Dienes
* OWNER=        [log in to unmask]                   Ellen Cooney
* OWNER=        [log in to unmask]                    Susan Long
* OWNER=        [log in to unmask]               Susan Long
* OWNER=        [log in to unmask]             Ellen Cooney
* OWNER=        quiet:
* OWNER=        [log in to unmask]
* OWNER=        ljones@bingvmb                           Lary Jones
* OWNER=        [log in to unmask]
*
* Filter= Also,netad@*,*@anon*,anon*@*,*mailer*@*,*postm*@*,emailadmin@*
* Filter= [log in to unmask],*@ax.com,mail@*,*@iaf.net
* Filter= *@*.roularta.be,*@*.sell.com,nobody*@*,wemhoff@gate*
* Filter= [log in to unmask],[log in to unmask],
* Filter= [log in to unmask]
*