Michael Shannon <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 29 Oct 2002 15:14:18 +1100

> Some M$ products format paragraphs as a single line without
> following the
> RFC (who would have guessed?) for "format-flowed." I don't know of any
> practical solution short of booting people off the list who
> refuse to use a
> RFC compliant mail program.

Yup, that's it.  You'll find that in about 99% of all the problems it's
an MS product that caused it.  The best ways to solve it is:

1.  always use plain-text when posting to a list;
2.  buddy-up to your Exchange administrator and ask them to explicitly
    set a maximum charater-length for long lines (default is around 76,
    I think)

--
Chazzozz!!

Michael Shannon
Webmaster

"Before you can grow old and wise you must first survive being young and
stupid." - Ancient Proverb

Note: Opinions expressed on this list are my own and do not reflect the
views, opinions or position of my employer.  If swallowed, seek medical
advice.