Hilander <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 29 Mar 1997 15:58:31 -0800
I have a listowner with an AOL address who is having problems issuing
commands to listserv.  She can do most commands no problem but whenever she
tries to PUT something (like replace the header or replace the welcome file)
she gets a bunch of error messages back.  I've never used AOL and don't have
a clue as to how it works, she tells me that AOL won't allow her to leave
the subject line blank.
Can someone tell me what she should put as the subject line when she is
trying to PUT something?  Should the subject line be the command?  Should
the subject line be the command *and* the first line of the message be the
command too?
She has tried making the subject line the command and included the PW and
she got a message back saying that the command she was trying to do required
a PW and she'd have to include it (but it was already there).  ???

Tea