Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 26 Oct 2000 10:39:43 -0400
At 09:43 10/26/2000 Thursday, Jae Walker wrote:
>At 08:42 AM 10/26/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>>Just a quick check before I check further; doesn't anyone know whether
>>this warning, sent to one of my lists this morning, is legit or not?
>
>Wobbler is a really, really old hoax.

So this hoax isn't a total waste of bandwidth on LSTOWN-L ;-) there are a
variety of LISTSERV(R) keywords and commands to control either individual
subscribers or the list distribution mechanism itself.  Some are painful
for the owner, some for the poster, and always a 'sliding' pay-off.

SEND=
SIZELIM=
ATTACHMENTS=
DEFAULT-OPTIONS=
SET listname {REVIEW | NOPOST} FOR  luserid@node
a WELCOME file that insists on no virus/chain letters or warnings thereof