Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 5 Aug 1996 07:43:40 GMT
On Mon, 5 Aug 1996 03:30:16 -0400, Sue Paduano <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>This person is an hacker and is very abusive on every service that she
>is on.  She has been removed from many mailing lists.  So if the
>postmaster is not her, herself I seriously thing that they will not
>decline.  If I reposrt her just as an nuisance, that may work.

Hazard of running a list.  I presume you have your list header set for
Send=Private.  This allows only list members to post to your list, not
the general public.  Presumably, you would not allow anonymous-remailer
as a member.  (Subscribe=Open,confirm will prevent anysuch person from
joining your list, since the necessary confirm msg will not make it back
to them, they cannot join.)

There is no way to prevent such mail from reaching you either personally,
or as list-owner.  Just delete and move on.  You have many tools in the
LISTSERV(tm) pgm to keep such trash from polluting your list.  You should
use them to your benefit.

 Ben Parker ............ (Oak Park IL) .......... [log in to unmask]